Facts & Figures
Master Builders Solutions from BASF offer advanced chemical solutions for new construction, maintenance, repair or renovation of structures. Our employees form a global community of construction chemicals experts that are passionate about solving our customers’ specific challenges at all stages of construction as well as throughout the lifecycle of the structure.
Under the Master Builders Solutions brand BASF combines its technological know-how and comprehensive product portfolio to provide the right solutions, based on our experience gained in countless construction projects worldwide.
Master Builders Solutions portfolio:
Concrete admixtures, cement additives, solutions for underground construction, waterproofing systems, concrete repair and protection systems, performance grouts, flooring systems.
Employees 2017 (Construction Chemicals division of BASF):
6.500 employees worldwide.
Sales 2017 (Construction Chemicals division of BASF):
Approx. €2.4 billion.
Close to local markets:
130 production sites in 60 countries worldwide (North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific).
Master Builders Solutions in South Africa:
Ingula Pumped Storage SchemeFacts:
- 2 Reservoirs maximum capacities of 22.43 million m³ and 26.26 million m³
- 4 Machines generating max power of 360 MW each
- 1 Intake canal: width 25 m – 49.27 m; depth 5 m – 15.45 m; length 840 m
- Headrace tunnel inlets: internal diameter 6.6 m concrete and 5.1 m steel; lengths to surge shafts for tunnel 1-2 and 3-4 > 1000 m
- 2 Pressure incline shafts and tunnels: length > 1 000 m
- 2 Headrace surge shafts: internal diameter 16.5 m; height 191 m
- 2 Tailrace surge chambers: internal diameter 20 m; height 109.3 m
- Tailrace tunnel: internal diameter 9.4 m; length 2340 m
- MasterRoc SA 160 = 3 089 000 liters
- MasterGlenium 27 = 1 151 000 liters
- MasterGlenium 118 = 1 126 000 liters
- MasterMatrix 110 = 611 000 liters
De Hoop DamFacts:
- Overall dam wall length of 1020 m
- Maximum wall height of 88 m
- Spillway length of 110 m
- Gross reservoir capacity at F.S.L. of 347 million m³
- New RCC placing process – IVRCC (Immersion Vibrated RCC)
- Record for placing 131 000 m³ in 28 days
- Lifts of 500 m long, 80 m wide and 1.4m high
- 1 000 000 m³ concrete
- MasterPozzolith 600 R = 2 383 000 liters
- MasterGlenium 561 M = 665 000 liters
Helping to master construction challenges
Every construction project is different and poses specific challenges for our customers. From the tallest building in the world to the longest bridge in the world, BASF’s comprehensive portfolio of products and services under the Master Builders Solutions brand continues to break statistical records in construction: