MasterAir 100 - Air-entraining admixture for concrete
MasterAir 100 is an air-entraining admixture,
which creates ultra-stable air bubbles that are
strong, small and closely spaced.
Where is MasterAir 100 applied?
Entraining a controlled air content in a wide
range of concrete types :
- Normal mix designs
- Low slump concrete
- Concrete containing high carbon content fly
- Concrete containing large amounts of fine
- Concrete using high-alkali cements
- High temperature concrete
- Concrete with extended mixing times
What are the advantages of MasterAir 100?
MasterAir 100 is especially useful in the types
of concrete known for their difficulty to entrain
and maintain the air content desired.
Entrainment of the optimum air content in
concrete results in the following improvements to
- Increased freeze / thaw resistance
- Reduced permeability - increased
- Reduced segregation and bleeding
- Improved plasticity and workability
- Increased resistance to scaling
- Greatly improved stability of air entrainment.
- Ready to use - solution is at optimum
strength for accurate dispensing
MasterAir 100 is compatible with concrete
containing other admixtures or admixture
systems - water-reducers, high-range water
reducers, accelerators, retarders, densifiers and
water repellents. It also increases the entrained
air content of concrete made with air-entraining
The use of MasterAir 100 with BASF
admixtures forms a desirable combination for
producing the highest quality, normal or
Technical Data Sheet