MasterFiber 12mm - Monofilament polypropylene fibres for cementitious systems
Formerly Rheofiber 12mm
MasterFiber 12mm is a high performance
monofilament polypropylene fibre developed as a
crack controlling additive for concrete and
MasterFiber 12mm is supplied agglomerated in
flakes bound by a water soluble adhesive.
Where is MasterFiber 12mmapplied?
- MasterFiber 12mm is used to inhibit the
formation of small cracks which can occur
through plastic shrinkage and settlement,
premature drying and early thermal changes, in
order to provide utilisation of the intrinsic
properties of the hardened cementitious material.
- Specifically designed for crack control in
cementitious materials covering areas such as
readymix concrete, precast concrete,
conventional shotcrete, screeds rendering
- Principle uses of fibre concrete include: concrete
slabs, pavements, driveways, imprinted
concrete, curbs, pipes, overlays patch repair,
microsilica concrete, thin section walling, water
retaining structures, marine concrete, heavy
industrial floors etc.
What are the advantages of MasterFiber 12mm?
- Can replace anti-crack wire mesh in factory
and warehouse floors
- Inhibits intrinsic cracking in concrete
- Disperse uniformly throughout the mix
- Improves finishing characteristics
- Improves concrete durability
- Increases impact and abrasion resistance
- Impervious to alkali attack
- Decreases construction time and labour
- Reduced risk of subsequent damage
- Improves fire resistance – reduces the
- Incidence of explosive spalling during
Technical Data Sheet