MasterGlenium 119 - A high-performance polycarboxylic ether based superplasticiser
MasterGlenium 119 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers in that it is based on a unique carboxylic ether polymer with long lateral chains, which greatly improves the dispersing effect. After the addition of MasterGlenium 119 at the start of the concrete mixing process electrostatic repulsion occurs, the same as found with conventional superplasticisers, however the presence of the of the lateral chains, which are linked to the polymer backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles tendency to separate and disperse. The mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
MasterGlenium 119 meets the requirements of:
- ASTM C494 Types F and G
- EN 934-2
Where is MasterGlenium 119 applied?
MasterGlenium 119 is designed for use in the manufacture of high quality structural concrete elements, sprayed concrete and mass concrete.
Concrete mixes made with MasterGlenium 119 generally have very good slump retention making it suitable for use for long transit times.
What are the advantages of MasterGlenium 119?
MasterGlenium 119 has been formulated specifically for use in the tropical climates and it offers the following advantages to:
- The Ready-mix Producer:
- Capability of delivering high quality concrete at any time to the job site in place.
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability.
- Single product for most applications from everyday water reducing to Self-compacting Concrete.
- The Contractor / Applicator:
- Easier placing.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile and forgiving concrete mix.
- The Engineer:
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification.
- High quality concrete with better durability