MasterPozzolith 55R - A plasticising and water reducing admixture with set retarding properties
Formerly Pozzolith 55R
MasterPozzolith 55R is a powerful plasticiser which disperses and deflocculates cement particles whilst delaying the hydration process, thereby retarding the initial and final set. It can be used to improve workability without the addition of extra water, or to allow reductions in the free water content. Due to improved dispersion of the cement particles the process of hydration proceeds under the optimum conditions, leading to improved strength characteristics with or without reduction in free water.
Where is MasterPozzolith 55R applied?
- High strength, high cement content, low W/C
- Hot weather concrete where control of initial
and final set is important
- White cement concrete
- Retarded mortars (in combination with
What are the advantages of MasterPozzolith 55R ?
- Increases compressive, tensile and flexural
strength of concrete
- Increases density of concrete reducing
permeability and thus increasing durability
- Allows a reduction in free water in the region
- Highly effective in high cement content low
water cement ratio mixes where its use
enables concrete to be made more workable
without loss in strength, density and
- Enables controlled extension of initial set
- The retarding action allows continuous
concrete pours to be made, thus reducing the
number of construction joints needed
- The strength gain of concrete containing
MasterPozzolith 55R is enhanced.
retardation of initial and final set, a more rapid
hardening of the concrete occurs, and the
effect on stripping time is negligible.