MasterPozzolith 555 - A on-chloride accelerating admixture
MasterPozzolith 555 is a ready-to-use liquid admixture formulated to accelerate the setting time of concrete under cool winter conditions and to produce high-early strength in special application concrete.
It does not contain added chloride and conforms to the most stringent chloride ion limits required by concrete industry standards. MasterPozzolith 555 meets and exceeds AS 1478.1 Type Ac and ASTM C494 Type C requirements.
Where is MasterPozzolith 555 applied?
All types of concrete where a non-chloride type accelerator is beneficial:
- cold weather concreting
- concrete subject to chloride ion constraints
such as high rise buildings in coastal
- concrete placed on galvanised steel floor and
roof systems which are left in place
- precast concrete – either pre-tensioned or
- concrete pipes and other manufactured
concrete products such as tiles and blocks
- concrete highway and bridge construction
What are the advantages of MasterPozzolith 555?
Concrete with MasterPozzolith 555 admixture has a significantly faster setting time than plain concrete. Increasing the dosage rate increases set acceleration. Both the compressive and the flexural strengths of concrete with MasterPozzolith 555 develop, more rapidly than with plain concrete.
Benefits to concrete construction and to the manufacture of concrete products because of this earlier setting and strength gain in cold weather include:
- earlier finishing of slabwork without the need
for calcium chloride
- more efficient scheduling, generally faster
construction and earlier occupancy
- earlier stripping and re-use of forms for walls,
precast work and other fast-track construction
- earlier structural use of concrete such as tiltslab,
paving, floors, car-park
- potential energy savings in steam cured
concrete (precast, prestressed, blocks) by
reducing curing temperatures and/or steaming
time necessary to reach desired transfer