MasterProtect 8000 CI - An advanced Organo functional Silane based Corrosion Inhibitor
Formerly Protectosil CIT
MasterProtect 8000 CI is a single component, ready to use, low viscosity, clear liquid which combines the proven effectiveness of penetrative silane treatments for the control of moisture and Chloride ion ingress with advanced organo functional corrosion inhibition.
Where is MasterProtect 8000 CI applied?
MasterProtect 8000 CI is sprayed directly onto the surface of steel reinforced concrete structures and buildings.
It is equally suited to cast in situ, precast, post tensioned, prestressed, GFRC, or other steel reinforced concrete.
It is particularly suited for the protection of:
- Bridge decks, piers columns and beams
- Multi-Storey Car Parks, building facades and
- Marine jetties and structures
MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as part of an overall repair strategy using MasterEmaco Concrete Repair Systems to mitigate corrosion rates within the balance of the structure and significantly reduce the possibility of “ring anode“ induced spalling at a later date.
Equally MasterProtect 8000 CI can be used as a cost effective preventative measure before the onset of corrosion induced problems occur. Contact the Technical Department of your local BASF Construction Chemicals for further information.
What are the advantages of MasterProtect 8000 CI ?
- Dramatically reduces chloride induced
corrosion of concrete steel reinforcement
- Reduces corrosion in carbonated reinforced
- Works at the molecular level to effectively
inhibit macrocell (rebar to rebar) and microcell
(on the same rebar) corrosion
- Poven long term effectiveness in laboratory
and field trials >10 years proven performance
in aggressive environment subject to deicing
salts and vehicular traffic
- Equally effective in high humidity conditions
- Chemically bonds to steel, cement paste and
other silaceous material – will not wash or
leach out during wetting / drying cycles,
ensuring extended active life
- Simple and easy to use
- Does not discolour or change appearance of
- Breathable vapour permeable treatment
- Repels further ingress by chlorides and water