MasterSeal 550 - An acrylic reinforced cementitious, flexible waterproof coating
Formerly Masterseal 550
How does MasterSeal 550 work?
MasterSeal 550 is a two component acrylic modified cementitious coating that requires only on site mixing. Once mixed the product is applied by stiff brush, roller or trowel to form a waterproof, flexible protective coating. MasterSeal 550 provides an effective barrier to waterborne salts and atmospheric gases.
Fluid applied, MasterSeal 550 provides a hard wearing, seamless, waterproof membrane for roofs and foundation protection.
Where is MasterSeal 550 applied?
MasterSeal 550 is designed for use for the following applications:
- To reface and even out variations in concrete surfaces.
- As a waterproof lining for water retaining structures.
- For coating seawater channels.
- Sealing and coating tie bar holes to ensure watertightness.
- For waterproofing and protection against brackish water.
- To provide foundation protection.
- As a waterproof coating for roofs.
- As a backing to marble and granite to prevent tile adhesive mix water absorption and thus alleviate surface staining.
- To provide protection to concrete surfaces from carbonation and chloride attack.
- For use on pedestrian walkways in marine areas.
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 550?
MasterSeal 550 offers the following advantages:
- Excellent adhesion.
- Bonds to porous and nonporous surfaces.
- Non toxic suitable for contact with potable water.
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic.
- Breathable - whilst repelling water, allows substrate to breathe.
- High resistance to chloride ion diffusion.
- Unlike conventional coatings which require a 7- 28 day cure of concrete, MasterSeal 550 can be applied to 24 hour-old concrete thereby giving immediate protection.