MasterSeal NP 474 - Versatile single component elastomeric polyurethane sealant and adhesive
Formerly Masterflex 474
MasterSeal NP 474 is a single component, gun grade, elastomeric polyurethane joint sealant and adhesive.
Where is MasterSeal NP 474 applied?
MasterSeal NP 474 is recommended for internal and external sealing of construction and expansion joints in both vertical and horizontal situations, on a variety of substrates such as concrete and metals. It is also suitable for movement joints in submerged areas.
Application areas include:
- Parking decks
- Warehouse, production area floors and
- Window perimeter
- Weather proofing joints in curtain walls
- Precast parapet panels in bridges and
- Bonding tiles and ridge tiles
- Joining and sealing in the steel construction
MasterSeal NP 474 is not recommended for use on weak substrates such as the insulating panels used in EIFS, please consult your local BASF Construction Chemicals SA Technical Services Department for advice.
What are the advantages of MasterSeal NP 474?
- High modulus and hardness makes
MasterSeal NP 474 tough and resistant
to mechanical loads
- Excellent movement accommodation of ±
25% helps maintaining moving joints airtight
- UV resistant – suitable for external
- Wide service temperature range – suitable
for all climatic conditions
- Can be over painted – enables
- Easy extrudability – easy to apply
- Adheres, on a majority of substrates,
without primer (cement, earthenware,
metals, wood, etc.)